Intent of the Intervention
The Nutrition and Physical Activity Self-Assessment for Child Care (NAP SACC) program is a research-tested intervention designed to enhance nutrition and physical activity practices in early care and education programs by improving the:
- nutritional quality of food served,
- amount and quality of physical activity,
- provider-child interactions around food and physical activity,
- educational opportunities for children, parents, and providers, and
- program policies related to nutrition and physical activity.
The NAP SACC intervention primarily addresses the inter-personal and organizational levels of the socioecologic model.