Meal replacements and protein shakes are among the most popular health food supplements currently on the market. This is because they give people all of the essential nutrients they need to achieve their goals and stay healthy, even when they have no time or are on the go.
The problem is, with so many protein powders and meal replacements to choose from, finding the perfect one for you can be hard. This is particularly true for people who have very specific dietary needs, such as those looking for meal replacement shakes without stevia (1).
That is why we have decided to do the hard work for you. In the following article, we have compiled a list of the very best meal replacement shakes without stevia, to ensure everyone can get all the nutrients they need to achieve their goals, no matter their dietary requirements.
Rootana is a meticulously created meal replacement shake that uses nothing but proven natural ingredients. Containing 27 vitamins and minerals, while being vegan friendly and soy, stevia, lactose, and artificial additive free, it is a nutrient rich shake that is suitable for all.
Every serving of Rootana has 400 calories, 21 grams of protein that is full of essential amino acids, 44 grams of complex carbohydrates, 7.1 grams of fibre, 16 grams of healthy fats, and countless vitamins and minerals.
This potent blend of essential nutrients makes it more than capable of replacing actual meals and keeping you full, strong, healthy, and energetic.
The vegan protein in Rootana is pea protein, one of the very best whey protein alternatives, which boasts a complete amino acid profile. The formula is then filled out with oat flour, golden milled flaxseed, sunflower seed oil, organic coconut sugar, and sunflower lecithin.
The coconut sugar regulates your blood sugar levels, rather than spiking them like sugar or artificial sweeteners, while creating a sweet, enjoyable taste, no matter whether you pick the original, cacao, or vanilla flavour.
With its omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, Rootana can offer countless health benefits.
This includes keeping your bones, joints, and muscles healthy, improving gut health, lowering cholesterol levels, reducing the risk of heart disease, slowing the signs of aging, and protecting against illnesses (2).
Mixable in just 10 seconds, Rootana is a delicious, convenient, nutritionally balanced, vegan meal replacement shake, which is ideal for virtually anyone looking for meal replacements without stevia.
• Contains a huge range of macronutrients, amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals
• Uses no artificial additives, lactose, soy, or stevia
• Has enough calories to keep hunger at bay but doesn't bloat you
• Offers an abundance of physical and mental benefits to help you maintain optimal health
• Made with a vegan meal replacement formula
• Affordable, convenient, great tasting, and quick and easy to mix
• Can only be bought directly from the manufacturer's website
Ka'Chava is one of the top organic meal replacements currently on the market (3). Available in a range of 5 flavours that includes chai, chocolate, coconut acai, matcha, and creamy vanilla, there is an option to suit virtually every taste.
Made with a vegan, stevia leaf extract and gluten free formula, it contains over 85 proven superfoods and natural ingredients, including organic cacao powder, organic pea protein, whole grain brown rice protein, and various adaptogens, fibres, fruits and vegetables.
These ingredients provide your body with all of the antioxidants, digestive enzymes, minerals, and vitamins it needs to stay mentally and physically healthy, while containing no soy or dairy products or artificial sweeteners, colours, flavours, or preservatives.
We do, however, have to mention a couple of drawbacks to Ka'Chava, which will stop it from being a perfect choice for a number of people.
Firstly, at just 250 calories, it won't be substantial enough to replace a healthy meal made from real foods. Then, being one of the more expensive meal meal shakes currently on the market will make it unobtainable for some people, while also putting off people looking for good value.
That said, if you aren't worried about money and simply need an organic, stevia extract and gluten free meal replacement shake that will help you to lose weight and keep hunger at bay in between meals, Ka'Chava can still be a great option.
• Uses a varied and powerful plant based protein powder blend
• Full of adaptogens, antioxidants, digestive enzymes, fibres, minerals & vitamins
• Offers both physical and mental health benefits
• Dairy free, gluten free, soy free, and contains no artificial flavors, colours, sweeteners, or preservatives
• Comes in a choice of 5 flavours
• One of the most expensive meal shakes currently on the market
• At just 250 calories per serving, it is more of a snack than a complete meal replacement
Orgain Organic Nutrition Nutritional Shake is comfortably one of the best meal replacement shakes for people seeking a meal replacement that is entirely organic, stevia free, and ready to drink.
Made with an Organic Protein Blend powered by grass fed whey protein, an Organic Fruits & Vegetables Blend, and the Orgain Vitamins & Minerals Blend, Ka'Chava is simply bursting with nutrients that can benefit your physical and mental health in countless ways.
Sold in a selection of 4 different flavours that includes creamy chocolate fudge, strawberries & cream, iced café mocha, and sweet vanilla bean, there will be an option for you, no matter what your taste buds desire. A low price tag also makes it affordable for almost everyone as well.
It does have to be noted though, that offering just 250 calories per serving will limit its true usefulness for many people, especially those looking to fill themselves up so they can skip meals. The same can also be said of the 16 grams of protein in each shake.
However, if you aren't worried about muscle growth or replacing whole meals and simply want a shake to use as a snack to get in some nutrients and prevent hunger cravings while on the go, then Orgain Organic Nutrition Nutritional Shake can still be a great option.
• Comes in a variety of great tasting flavours
• Doesn't contain any modified or artificial ingredients
• Powered by grass fed whey protein concentrate (4)
• Boasts a broad range of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients
• Very fairly priced and quick and easy to use, even while on the go
• The calories in each serving is lower than in most of the top meal replacement shakes
• The amount of whey protein used isn't enough to let it double as a protein shake or aid muscle growth
Unlike most of the choices on this list, Naked Pea Protein Powder is less of a meal replacement shake and more of a traditional protein shake. Made with nothing but pure yellow pea protein sourced from farms across the United States and Canada, it is rich in essential amino acids (5).
With pea protein powder known to be the best plant based protein powder alternative to whey protein powder, Naked Pea Protein Powder is an ideal choice for people who prioritise muscle recovery or growth.
It is also dairy free, gluten free, soy free, and contains no artificial flavors, colours, sweeteners, or preservatives. This makes it suitable for the vast majority of people, as does being available in original, chocolate, and natural vanilla flavor choices that are made with natural sweeteners.
It is important to note, however, that with just 120 calories and virtually no fat, carbs, or fibre, Naked Pea Protein Powder isn't going to be able to really fill you up or replace whole meals.
If you would rather a stevia free protein powder that can take the edge off of your hunger and help you achieve your physical goals though, Naked Pea Protein Powder is a great way to go.
• Boasts a complete range of essential amino acids
• Uses only natural flavours and contains no artificial sweetener, colour, or preservative
• Contains no soy or dairy products
• Features a potent dose of plant protein in every serving
• More of a plant based protein powder than a meal replacement shake
• The low number of calories per serving won't fill you up
• Lacking in any nutrients besides plant protein
Stevia free protein powders and meal replacement shakes can be hard to find, but there are plenty of options out there if you know where to look. While all of the options on this list are great choices for a variety of reasons, the best option for most people will be Rootana. A healthy meal replacement shake made of clinically proven ingredients like pea protein and coconut sugar, it can easily replace whole meals or double up as a plant based protein shake. Throw in a great taste and reasonable price, and there is very little reason not to give it a go. That said, if for some reason you decide that Rootana isn't for you, it is virtually guaranteed that one of the other protein shakes or meal replacements on our list will be. That means there is nothing left to stop you from achieving your goals.